Wednesday, March 4, 2009

March Testimony
My name is Roberta Keith. My husband's name is Brian and we have three children: Sarah, Caleb and Noah. I am a new member of TOF and was asked to give a testimony. So, I guess this is a way of saying, Hi, to all of my new family.
Since I was a child, I can remember praying and talking to God. But there came a time when "I did my own thing." I met my wonderful husband and we decided to move from New York to Vermont to raise a family.
I can’t remember how it came about, but I was invited to go to church. I had long before given up on my church, since the pastor there started calling himself the messiah. I decided I would worship God alone and needed no one else and wouldn't trust anyone but God. But for some reason -- (God) -- I decided to accept the invitation. This pastor held his Bible, read the Bible, taught from the Bible. This church was the one for me.
Brian and I were told we would never have children due to inactive sperm. I didn't get depressed but just knew that some day we would. As time went on God kept dealing with me. I did get pregnant but had a miscarriage, my dog died and I was faced with the idea of going to jail for disobeying a court order to change a witness’ testimony (I was a Court Stenographer). It seemed as if my guts would pour out of my skin. I cried, practically, nonstop. It was the very best and the very worst time.
I went to my pastor and told him I wanted to be saved, to be baptized and that I was going to jail because I wasn't going to change the witness’ testimony. We prayed and he suggested that I should obey the authorities but not swear that it was accurate. So, I did just that. I affirmed that “this stenographer does not agree with the attorney's corrections.”
Well, God kept dealing with me, and I couldn't stand my job. God wanted me to rely on Him and my helpmeet. I asked God, “Who is going to provide for the family if I quit?” God's simple answer was Himself and my husband. So, I quit my job and God blessed me with Sarah, my daughter. At three months pregnancy, me and my daughter within, were baptized together.

No comments:

Post a Comment