Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Testimony

We have been faithful tithers for many years now but over the last several months our tithe was being used to help support a family. After conviction, revelation and the advice of our dear Pastor, we have redirected our money to be given to God’s Storehouse.

It would not be possible to share with you all the blessings God has rained down on us due to obedience to Him but I would like to divulge a beautiful lesson He has shown me through this experience.

The money I contributed to this family weekly came out of the 10% we set aside automatically. It never hurt our budget. It was easy to give because it wasn't ours to give, it was God's. After the Lord spoke to me about this, I realized the money for the family should be coming out of MY pocket. That was an altogether different level of giving! Providentially, this conviction came just prior to the church freezing all extra spending due to a decrease in tithing by the congregation.

I want you to understand that tithing is a deeper level of worship. It is total faith and surrender to God. I am reminded of the story of David when he went to buy the threshing floor from Araunah. Araunah tried to give it to David but David said, "I will not sacrifice to the Lord my God burnt offering that cost me nothing!” My prayer is that you will know the Lord on a deeper level this coming year!

contributed by Becky Lathan

No comments:

Post a Comment